Jamie is going for Round 4 of Chemo TOMORROW! It will be the HALFWAY mark! Jamie has loved all the support and encouragement and love. BUT she isn't through yet. I thought it would be great for her to come to Chemo tomorrow and for her to open her blog and have TONS of comments be there. This is where I need your help. I was hoping you would add a story of something you were working on and how you got to the halfway mark and what you did to FINISH the project. Whether it was build a bedroom, or make a dress, maybe start a diet or an exercise program. Honestly anything will do. I know when I go out for a run, that first mile is the worst but I always remind myself that this IS the worst part and I CAN keep going. You can make your story anonymous. If you have a problem for some reason posting on the blog plese feel free to email me at 3foxgirls@gmail.com and I will post it for you..if you don't want your name on it. I wont post it.THANK YOU so much for all your help and please remember to keep the Jensen family in your prayers!
Much love,
Lisa
********** UPDATE*************** Jamie's white blood count was low so Chemo is postponed until Monday! Please keep her in your prayers that her white cell count will go up she can get this over with! Positve note: More time for comments. please leave a comment, I know we can do better than this! Thank you everyone!
With my first child I decided to make her bedding. Granted I had barely sewed on a button before this. So why I thought I could do this, was beyond me. I had gotten to the half way mark and I had already spent more money than if I had bought it in the store. More hours than I thought was possible and it wasn't looking anything like the idea in my head. I was about to give up and then I stopped and said. NO, this is important to me and something I will always remember. I am glad I stopped myself and kept going. I would never have forgiven myself. Yes, it wasn't the best. But my daughter loves hearing the story and I love seeing how far I have come!
ReplyDeleteI Love you Jamie and you are AMAZING!!!
True confession, I am halfway through fixing up Tyler’s bedroom right now. I know a good mom is supposed to cry and mourn her firstborn leaving the nest and heading off to college, but I honestly celebrated the chance to clean and make his room presentable. I knew this would be a huge task, but it is honestly taking a lot longer than I had anticipated. I completely cleaned everything out – which took forever! – and took all the stuff off the walls. (Tyler had lined his walls with pictures and articles from magazines. It is a big room, and I figure an entire tree ended up decorating his walls!) I had forgotten his closet was carpeted; it had been too long since it was visible. Last Saturday I spackeled all the holes in the walls to get it ready to paint. I bought painters tape, which is sitting in a Lowe’s bag, ready to line the ceiling and floorboards. I even have paint. So I know what I need to do next, and plan on doing at least the taping this week. Even though this is taking so long, I know that when I am finished, the time involved will be irrelevant. I will just be happy to see a clean, attractive room!
ReplyDelete♥Stephanie
just FYI. If you are having trouble posting a comment. most likely your cookies are disabled. Trying going to the start button on the bottom of your screen. double click start then go to control panel than internet connection. than hit internet options. then click privacy at the top..click BOTH first and third party cookies. than save. and you are good to go.
ReplyDeleteWorth a shot to try. If it still doesn't work, than I have no idea. Sorry! :(
Jamie you are one amazing woman! Sending you lots of hugs and love. Truthfully when I am going through something hard, I pray for help every day. Whether it be physical or spiritual. Then, I have to rely on him. When I do it, I find he helps me through my dieting and my budgeting and my parenting. I find more and more that I need Him more and as I rely on Him, I am able to do way more than I ever thought possible. I am sure you are already praying for help. Keep it up. He will lift and carry you!
ReplyDeleteHello Midge
ReplyDeleteI wish I could be there with you today. I know this is so hard to do. As your Father I feel so helpless that I cannot take your pain away and make you feel better. You are such a great kid, a loving mother, and a super wife. Your Father in Heaven loves you as much or more than I do. That is why He sent his Son to be with you at this special time to help you get through this burden. I love you with all my heart and soul. You are a special child that our Father allowed me to be a part of your life. Take care Sweetie.
Love,
Dad
The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, Nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when they discover that someone else believes in them and is willing to trust them. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
ReplyDeleteYou inspire me when I read your blog...the strength you show in your words as you write. Please know that I am praying for you and your beautiful family. Your girls have got to know how lucky they are to have a mom like you. As a constant battle you are showing your girls the will and strength to fight and beat this cancer. you are an amazing woman...your smile says it all! God Bless you on your next round of Chemo..& know that there are many people thinking of you..and being inspired by you everyday!
Michele Sanders <3
Halfway marks. Oh do I have a love/hate relationship with them. Every November 15th is one of those halfway points. It's at that point that I have to analyze why on earth I would sign up to do NaNoWriMo yet again. I must be crazy. That's when I put the novel-writing process on hold and have soup night. It's my way of coping with writer's block. (Dare I admit that it's really an escape mechanism?) I get to procrastinate the writing and cook and bake all day long, and then the neighbors all come over to eat and socialize. When I go back to the writing late that night, I have a fresher perspective and the task doesn't seem so daunting. And then I push hard to get the final 25,000 words written. Once I hit 40,000 words, I KNOW I can make it to the end.
ReplyDeleteIf you think about chemo in the terms of book writing or editing or even reading, you're halfway through the project. Doesn't the second part of a book usually seem to go faster than the first part? It does for me. And I hope it does for you, too. You're halfway there and you're showing it who's boss! Way to go!! Love ya!
"It always seems impossible until it's done."
ReplyDelete"Promise me you'll always remember that you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin
ReplyDeleteJulianne told me of your current situation and this blog. Please know we're praying for you.
Love, Dorene (Balls) Peterson
Jamie...you have prayers coming from San Antonio. Love you and thinking about you :)
ReplyDeleteHilary (Rigby) Bushman
Never underestimate the power of believing in yourself! At a very dark time in my life, I found myself paralyzed by the unknown. I was tired, fearful, and unsure if I had the audacity, and the strength, to take the next step. Then, a close friend of mine shared his confidence in my character. He plainly said, “Of course, you can do this. You are Nicole Watkins.” I was stunned by his matter-of-fact tone, but his conviction renewed my spirit and determination.
ReplyDeletePlease know that I am praying for you and your family. And remember: You can do this. You are Jamie Jensen!
Have I told you how much I admire your courage and strength--you truly are an awesome person! Please know that we are praying for you and your family--and always remember--you are one strong, tough lady!! I just know you will make it! Love you, Joyce
ReplyDeleteHi Jamie! The only thing that I can use to relate to how you are feeling (which I’m sure is not the same at all) is when I went through my three pregnancies with severe nausea the whole time. They should call it the 9 month stomach flu. The only relief was early in the morning when I was just waking up. There was a moment of “this is do-able.” Then I would wake up all the way and it would be back. Sometimes I just had to get through the next hour, then the next hour, etc. But I did make it through. You can too. And looking back, it helped me to see others and their struggles differently than before, and there was no other way for that to have happened but to plow through my own struggle.
ReplyDeleteHappy half way!! You can do it! Take it little by little, and before you know it, it’ll be over."
half way point...
ReplyDeletewell i'm pretty much half way done with school. i'm technically called a senior, but i'm more of a glorified junior with a lot of credits. i'm a single mom who commutes. so i'm...
frustrated
tired
overwhelmed
and i just keep telling myself to keep my eye on the bigger picture. to imagine myself a couple years from now, teaching and providing a better home for elsa. to keep looking forward.
and that is what you have to do, look beyond where you are at this moment. i know you are frustrated, tired, overwhelmed. i know that what you are going thru is the hardest thing you've ever done. and i know its sickening, exhausting and annoying.
but just look beyond where you are at this second. know that if anyone can do this...you can. if anyone can go thru this shi*....you can. if anyone can kick cancer's a**....you can. look forward, past where you are right now....when this is the past, and you are cancer free and a survivor!
love
shells
The only significant half way mark I can think of is my son turning 9. I know it's not that big of a deal, but it was to me. Even though he had a scavenger hunt birthday party, and it was a great time, all I could think about was my journey of having him in my nest for 18 years is half over. I know, silly emotional mom stuff, but what can I say; I am a sap. I think the teenage years will probably be the cure for this clingy mom thing. I think G-d created teenage angst to give parents a reason to be happy when they leave the nest. Ha.
ReplyDeleteHi Jamie! I am currently doing Nutrisystem with my husband to lose weight. And although we are not quite to the halfway mark I know we will make it. It helps to have him doing it too. I have lost 7 lbs. and want to lose 60 so I have a long way to go but I'll make it. You are always in my prayers and I think of our outings with our girls often. I wish I could take you to Middleburg for lunch! XOXO JO
ReplyDeleteI don't know you personally but I'm rooting for you! Stay strong!!!
ReplyDeleteJamie, I think of you and your family everyday. What a brave strong family you have and TONS of support!Oh my gosh what strides you have made already. Are you shooting to be the poster child? Every day I bet you look at yesterday and think "Oh my gosh I made it through another day of this." and each day I bet you wonder if you can handle tomorrow, one more day. But just remember tomorrow today will be a yesterday! A little deep huh? Well thats how I roll!( Day at a time)
ReplyDeleteLove you guys lots.
Our prayers are with you.
Aunt Tana
I am sitting in chemo and just read all your wonderful comments! Thank you so much, you will never know how much at this point in the process, I really needed each one of you!!
ReplyDeleteI love you Jamie. I'm so proud of you for all your strength and determination and zest for life. I admire you so much. You are one of the toughest people I know. Keep fighting!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Kel