Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hair today, so gone...annoying...irritating...bugging big time tomrrow!!

So the hair is long gone, buzzed by the fam. But for some reason unknown to me the gray ones,,  and I am just going to leave it at there are more than one, and only my two hairdressers know the truth, will not die off with the rest. They BUG. I have to resist the urge to get tweezers and pull them all out. So my hubby suggested that getting a razor and shaving the whole head so that it was perfectly smooth. And I believe I married a genius, but that did the trick! Now my hats and wigs don't bug me at all...so much better.

Speaking of wigs, I need to address something for a moment. A while back, my darling friend Nicolette, who is a hairdresser but is currently on a break since she just had a baby, decided to open her home-salon for several days to her old clients to come and get color, cuts, and styles and she gave me all of the proceeds to me! I was so touched! She raised over $1000 just for me. I was able to buy not just one wig, but three reasonably priced wigs, one read, one brunette and one blonde!! And still use my Nicolette fund for downloading Itunes for chemo sessions, new books to put on my Kindle for chemo and comfy socks and sweats. There are so many things that I have bought to be more comfortable during this cancer journey and it has been SO NICE to be able to buy it and not worry how it will affect our budget. I love you Nicolette, you are one of the most beautiful women I know, but by far your HEART is your most beautiful feature!

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift! I love your friends...they are all so good to you!

    JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, Glad for your post. Friends are wonderful! They always seem to come to the rescue if you will let them. You and your family are so strong. Keep up the faith. Our faith and prayers are with you every day. Keep a detailed daily journal, even if it is on your blog. You will be glad you did. Hang in there. Let us know if WE can do anything for you. We are so far away but wish to help.
    Love you all
    Aunt Tana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you constantly you amazing girl!
    I'm going to come up with some funny movie ideas for you, I had a friend tell me the other day that Easy A was a good one. Have you seen it?
    Also have you ever tried audible? I love it and wondered if you might be interested? I'd love to sign you up and a have several favorite listens i think you might like. Just read a great book about a strong amazing woman, "half broke horses" by Jeanette Walls.

    Thanks so much for keeping us updated! You are in our thoughts and prayers always! You are so loved!
    xoxo
    Kelly
    PS I can't wait to see pictures of you rockin those wigs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooo amazing that she did this for you....what a touching story!

    ReplyDelete