Thursday, August 4, 2011

Finally a Doctor Update!!

I am back!! I am sitting here at my second round of chemo chatting with my sis, two lovely ladies that are here getting treatment for ovarian cancer, and my favorite nurse Rachelle.

August 14: I need to recap the-total-hell-that-was-chemo-round #1: The meds I am on are Taxol, Carboplatin, Herceptin, Nulasta and Aredia. I first had an appointment with my Radiologist to go over our Radiation plan that will start on the 15th, then I started chemo. I was here ALL DAY, we shut the place down, I was the last one to leave. I felt fine during treatment, luckily didn't have any allergic reactions to the meds, and had a nice day hanging out with LJ. I came back Friday for my Nulasta shot (helps keep my white blood count from dropping too low) and my two hour Aredia treatment (bone strengthening). At the end of the Aredia I was really starting to get tired. By the time we got home I was exhausted! Then my legs started to hurt, the migraine, started to set in and then ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE!!! :(


Saturday...Felt like I had been hit by a truck..., threw up, add in a migraine

Sunday...still ran over...with a migraine

Monday....bruised...migraine, went to pool and sat in loungy chair to watch kids...

Tuesday...a little bit myself...after my migraine went away

Wednesday...finally feeling better...saw my doctor and next time he swears we are "tweak" treatment next time so that I won't feel so awful. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to go through that. Glad you are feeling more yourself. My fingers are crossed that it will be better next time. We are keeping you and your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holli, I wish we could have made it to the reunion! Miss seeing all you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, Man what a trooper! Wouldn't you know YOU can even pull off the "no hair" look! Looking cute! I hope they soon get you squared around also so your treatments aren't so bad.Keep up the fight! Lots of Love and Prayers!
    Aunt Tana

    ReplyDelete