Thursday, July 14, 2011

My family is wicked supportive!

So, now that I have some uninterrupted time on my hands, (uh, say about 6 or seven hours while I sitting here dong chemo...see next post) I wanted to take a minute to sing the praises of my family. To start out the sappy-mushy-family-love post let's talk about Landon. My husband is just wonderful. I keep looking at him like I suppose a scientist or doctor would, looking for signs of Post Traumatic Shock Disorder or cracks in his armour. He is so supportive, kind and caring. He is taking such good care of me and kids. I am so blessed.

Then we go on to Mom. My mother came out here to help us for two weeks during the bone biopsy, subsequent result and first chemo treatment. She has been a huge support to me. I have asked for a positive environment at home. I am not breaking down in front of the kids. I asked this of my mom too. Anyone who knows her, knows she has a very huge, and sensitive heart and I knew while this would be hard for her, it was imperative for for my mental well being. And she has rocked it!!!! She has been such a great help to me both mentally and physically, by helping me kick my totally messy-cluttered-laundry-overloaded house into shape. Thanks mom!

When we found out the results of my biopsy and that the cancer had spread and it was stage four, my dad, sister, brother and sister-in-law jumped in my dad's truck and high-tailed it from Missouri to Virginia (16.5) hours to just be here four me. Both my brother and sister have little children that they had to make arrangements for and they still came out...just to be there for me. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! We laughed, made fun of each other (that is what we do), went wig shopping for me (I got an awesome, cute, sassy, short one) ate out, played with my kids. My family is good for my soul. They made such a horrible weekend, wonderful. I will need my family fix every 8 weeks or so!

Even though I can't see my extended family on both sides I truly have been brought to tears by the amount of love and support I have. My mother-in-law, counsin, sister-in-laws and aunts have all talked about coming out in rotation to help me out, others have offered up SO many prayers. And you know what, I can't feel my Heavenly Father and Jesus lifting me up. I am not a preacher type believer. My faith is strong. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) and I will totally openly talk about anything you ask me, but I don't go screaming from the rooftops. But I will type out my testimony here. Prayer is strong. Prayer works. I am sitting her typing during chemo and I can feel my Heavenly Father's arms around me, comforting me. I can feel my Savior's love for me. I have an ARMY if fighters prayer for me, and their prayers are being heard, and I have so much gratitude in my heart for my family, friends, and followers.

Love,
JJ

5 comments:

  1. If I could be there with you right now Jamie I'd give you a giant hug. I love you girl! Hang in there and know that you are loved by so many. Keep smiling. Your positive attitude radiates my dear!!!
    -Jessioa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I had such a good time with your mom today, she is amazing. She has hung tough for you. You have a lovely home and beautiful children. I kept looking at your oldest, she is amzing...she looks and acts so much like you it is unreal. I would have died for a red headed child and here you have three. Sorry I didn't get to see you but just know that you are a prayer in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe how strong you are. We love you and your cute little family. We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. at this point, i am just showing off that i can comment. i have tried for so long, and now that i can..... i just can't stop :)

    jamie, thought about you all day today. love you. if i could take you to arctic cirle, i would. or craigos and buy breadsticks... but i think the breadsticks made me fat. or maybe that was the midnight dominos deliveries.
    anyhizzle... love to you my adorable sister friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family is so important. It's so lovely how they are gathering around you! I know that Heavenly Father will be there for you always.

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete