Hello long lost friends and family...I hope there are actually still people checking this blog! :) I haven't updated this forever and I hope you will understand why sometimes when things are hard it is so much easier for me to avoid all the sicky sweet happy comments on Facebook and I really don't want to just vent on my blog. I can imagine hearing everyone saying, we still love you, we want to hear your troubles and fears and be there for you. And I get that, I truly do, but for me this time I kind of turned inward a bit during this rough patch. I tried to get through the days, loving my kids and husband, appreciating the help of my family and friends and then letting myself slip into other worlds in the evening, through my books, tv shows and sleep. I hope you haven't felt too neglected! I love you all!
The trouble is in the blood. When you are going through chemo the day before you are to have treatment, you go in and have your blood tested. They are watching four things very closely. 1) Red blood cell count 2) white blood cell count
3) Hematocrit number 4) and platelet count.
At first everything was super low, I had just gotten bronchitis, then was on antibiotics for that and started chemo number 4. Those things, adding in my body is still slowly recovering from my radiation, and my blood took a nose dive. I had to get a blood transfusion. I tolerated it just fine, watching Eclipse while I got the treatment (LOL). Everything came up pretty quick except for my platelets which were stubborn. I had to go in and in get my blood checked almost every other day, the mental pressure of gearing up/being positive for good news and then getting so let down when I didn't pass for chemo, was devastating. I am at chemo today!! YAY, it took two extra weeks of waiting and waiting to get my little platelets to get over 100. Today my platelet count was 106! Whew!
I'm glad to hear you are doing what feels best for you! I check your blog every week so was excited to see three new editions. I didn't catch you to chat of FB but just know you are still in my heart, thoughts, and prayers!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
JO
SOO glad you were able to get Chemo today. Now we need to make sure you stay healthy. I'm going to play mom on you...wear a mask, air kiss..and be that crazy germ phobe I know is dying to come out of you!!! :-)
ReplyDelete