Tuesday, June 28, 2011
I am Spiderman!
My sister called me today and asked me if I was Spiderman! It took me way too long to realize she was referring to my RADIOACTIVE CT/PET scan that I had today. They injected me with a radioactive sugar substance that filters through my body and gravitates toward any cancer in my body. I waited for 45 minutes while it went to work, then they scanned me for about 30 minutes. It is really hard to hold still that long. And to make matters worse I totally forgot to take my Xanax before the scan. I did ok though. No problemo. Thirty minutes, all alone, staring at the tube of the scanner...a lot runs through a newly diagnosed breast cancer patient's mind. Today I spent the time thanking my Heavenly Father for all that I have. To keep calm, I ran down the list and thought of my wonderful husband, children, parents, siblings, extended family, and friends. I have so much love in my life. I am truly blessed. I was so worried when the scan started, and then I did this, and it ended before my list of loved ones was even half way done. What a lucky girl I am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jamie you KNOW I love you and I am so inspired by your outlook and your attitude. Please know that you are in my prayers and always in my thoughts. Hang in there friend! Thank you for starting this blog so that we can all keep up with you. ((HUGS))
ReplyDelete-Jessica
Well you've been busy! ;) Thanks for including me in the "know"! At the very least I am praying for you. Please let me know if there is something else that I can do!
ReplyDeleteYou truely are an amazing woman Jamie! Through the good days and bad, we are all rooting you on and praying for you to have strenghth and comfort! Love you!
ReplyDeleteJamie, ever since I met you (loooong time ago;)I have known that you are a strong woman. You have one of the most important tools to get through this obstacle in life....a positive attitude! One doesn't make it far in this fight without one. Second, you have an amazing support system (me included!) and we will all be here loving and supporting you and your family. Thanks for doing this blog and for keeping all of us posted on your progress. Love you, man!
ReplyDeleteKori
Jaime, I just read about this on Facebook and I am floored. I am heartbroken that you are going through this. Thanks so much for sharing your story so we send a constant stream of love and prayers your way.
ReplyDeleteYou are vivacious and beautiful and SO loved!
You are in my heart and prayers dear friend.
Huge hugs,
Kelly
Hi Jamie,
ReplyDeleteI tried calling your mom, is she there with you? I sure hope so. I have a few things to send you....along with a ton of prayers. Vance and I love you tons tons tons!!